Mail your packages early so the Post Office can lose them in time for Christmas.
- Johnny Carson
Johnny Carson’s quote from 1982 still rings true today, doesn’t it? Still, the fact is that the sooner you ship the less likely your package is to get lost. As Christmas nears, packages start piling up and routed incorrectly.
Now is the time to make plans on when and how you will communicate with your customers about their last-minute eCommerce shopping. But first, will also want to speak now with your order fulfillment provider to see if they are expecting any delays on their end.
And we have you covered with all the cutoff shipping dates for each of the 4 major shipping carriers.
At Key Fulfillment, we always advise that our customers add a couple of extra days to buffer the carrier’s cutoff days with their sales since we all know that many packages will run late.
US Postal Service
These deadlines are for delivery by Christmas Day:
· December 16th: Ground Advantage & First Class Mail
· December 18th: Priority Mail
· December 20th: Priority Mail Express
FedEx has provided these shipping deadlines for delivery by Christmas Eve:
· December 13th: Ground Economy
· December 16th: Ground & Home Delivery
· December 19th: Express Saver (3 Day)
· December 20th: 2Day & 2Day AM
· December 21st: First Overnight, Priority Overnight, Standard Overnight
· December 22nd: All Overnight Services with Saturday Delivery
The deadline for UPS delivery by December 23rd:
· December 15th: UPS Ground
· December 19th: 3 Day Select
· December 20th: 2nd Day Air
· December 21st: Next Day Air
· December 22nd: Next Day Air with Saturday Delivery
DHL has provided the following deadlines for delivery by Christmas Day:
· December 9th: Smart Mail Ground
· December 14th: Smart Mail Expedited
· December 16th: Smart Mail Expedited Max
· December 18th: Economy Select
· December 22nd: Worldwide Express & Domestic Express
We’re here to help. If you need assistance with getting all those holiday packages kitted, picked, packed, and shipped give us a call today at (720) 486-2101 or email us at info@KeyFulfillmentSolutions.com.